Welcome to Women’s Business Council of Champaign County
WBC meets the 4th Thursday of every month for a luncheon meeting. (With the exception of November and December which are re-scheduled due to the holidays.) The dates for those months will be posted on our website. Guest are welcome to attend up to two meetings before joining. Click on the membership tab for a printable copy of our membership application. The cost of our monthly luncheon is $14 if paid by the RSVP date. It’s $20 after the RSVP date and at the door.
Click here for membership information.
2015 Charitable Partner Selected
The Fundraising Committee is thrilled to announce that Family Service of Champaign County has been chosen as WBC’s 2015 Charitable Partner! We are so thankful for the wonderful nominations you made and proposals that were submitted. This decision was an incredibly difficult one given the impact the nominated organizations have and the difference they make in our community.
Family Service is a dynamic local service agency that:
• serves a chronic need in our community. It has a large outreach, serving both seniors and children, relieving the suffering of the needy.
• has roots in the community and in “women-based” leadership. It is a local, collaborative foundation, in which women led and expanded the effort for 25 years.
• has an executive director named Sheryl Bautch, who was an early WBC member in 1986. She was the attorney who applied for WBC’s original certificate of incorporation, and still maintains the role as WBC’s registered agent . We considered that appropriate for the 30 year anniversary of WBC. The “Meals on Wheels Program” is celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.
• has established programs that address the under-served elderly in the Champaign-Urbana area. There is a growing concern of elder neglect and abuse in our nation overall. Family Service programs have a large outreach: Meals on Wheels – 190 people getting meals they cannot prepare for themselves on a regular basis (21,000 meals); Senior Transportation – 369 adults getting 6,000 rides’ 33,000 hours of non-medical in-home care; and Senior Counseling – 1,732 families and seniors served.
The first opportunity to support Family Service this year is by participating in our Happy May Day event! For a nominal fee, we’ll deliver a daisy to brighten someone’s day with a special message!
- Luncheon - 04/23/2015
- Kentucky Derby Party - 04/29/2015
- Board Meeting - 05/07/2015
- Luncheon - 05/28/2015
- Board Meeting - 06/04/2015
- Luncheon - 06/25/2015
- Board Meeting - 07/02/2015
- No Upcoming Birthdays